Lawn and Garage Items
• Drain all gasoline and oil from lawn mowers, snow blowers, chain saws and other equipment.
• Disconnect all batteries.
• Empty propane tanks.
• Secure lid and immobilize moving parts
• Poisonous, flammable and corrosive items cannot be stored.
- Make backup copies of all your files. All backup media is temperature sensitive.
- Remove any floppy diskettes, CDs and all other media (ZIP disks, etc.) from their drives close the drive door.
- Remove ink cartridges from ink jet and laser printers.
- If you are moving a pin printer, insert a piece of paper in the platen to secure the print head.
- Some scanners need to have the scanner bed secured before moving, consult the manual.
- Get a roll of sticky labels and mark up every lead and connection.
- Check that the colors of the leads are consistent through the connections.
- Remove all cassettes, CDs, laser discs, from their apparatus before securing them for transit.
- Record albums, tapes, CDs should be stacked on end so they can absorb shock with less chance of damage.